Lemon balm is a great all rounder- we use it to soften hands and as a general skin moisturiser, and to polish wood, giving all types of wooden objects protection and shine.
- 150gr beeswax
- 600gr olive oil
- 30 drops vitamin e or grapefruit seed extract - antioxidant
- 10 drops lemon balm essential oil
- clean and sterilized glass jars
- Melt the beeswax and olive oil over a gentle heat in a double boiler. You can also use a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of water.
- Add the antioxidant and lemon balm oil and stir well.
- Pour the hot mixture into the jars.
- Allow to cool for two hours, the balm will settle to a semi-hard consistency.
Vitamin E or grapefruit seed extract acts as an antioxidant, to prevent the olive oil from going rancid, and will prolong the life of your balm.