Salt dough straight from the cupboard! A simple dough for sculptural play at home.
- 250g plain flour
- 125g salt
- 125 ml water
- Mix together the salt and flour.
- Gradually add the water, kneading well.
- Mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- On a floured work surface, roll into a smooth ball and get sculpting!
- The salt dough sculptures will air dry over a few days, taking care to turn the sculpture so all parts evenly dry.
The saltdough can also dry in the oven, on the lowest setting, for 3-4 hours; again take care to turn the sculpture to ensure thorough drying. The dough can become multi-coloured by separating the batch into balls, and adding a drop or two of food colouring to each dough ball.